Autumn…..

Hi Everyone,

It has been a long time… soccer is in full swing,the leaves are turning,life is good.Thanks to everyone for the emails, and yes, Curtis, I do read them! We are going to start our remodel soon, and God willing,we are hoping to be done by Jan. or before.When we are done, I will have my workspace, and I will be able to upgrade, and start doing some writing and recording again. Thanks for your support and emails! I shall return.C

img_24192

15 Responses to “Autumn…..”

1. Peggy says:

Chris, Thanks for the update great to hear from you. Glad your life is going well and you are enjoying your new location.

Can’t wait to hear your new music! Good luck with your remodeling project!!

2. SF says:

Looks gorgeous — like Marin 100 years ago or Sonoma 50! Clear the way for us maybe-1-day ex-Californians, Chris! I heard we weren’t well liked back in the day, but maybe we have a better rep now? Best wishes on the remodel — I have a new deck coming as soon as the stock market gets better.

Tell me, was it hard to move your kids away from friends, school, etc? You’re born a day after me but a year before so I assume we have similarly aged ones (12 & 16 here). My son would hate moving as he’s been jamming at your sister’s studio on 4th with Lily and some grizzled Blue Bear students. They just need a gig now!

3. Curtis says:

Hey Buddy,good looking river you have there.Man, I miss the cool water and the warmth of a Oregon summer day at the river.Nice! Reminds me of my day’s up at bear creek outside of Riddle,Tri city area.I guess by now you heard that Upper Fourth closed suddenly,I guess it just wasn’t the same without you.Hello to Cheree.By the way how are the locals reacting to a Lexus in the neighborhood with California plates? Warm Regard Chris.
    Curtis

4. ALBERT BARILE says:

still love jacob’s ladder. MY SON IS WORKING ON HIS MUSIC AND WANTS TO GO TO
    NEW YORK AT THE AGE OF 18/19?? GOOD STUDENT, PERSON, BUT STILL YOUNG. WHAT DO YOU THINK??
    WILL GO TO SEE HUEY NEXT SPRING/SUMMER ON TGEH EAST COAST!
    LOVE YOUR SOLO WORK-GOOD LUCK.

AL

5. Clare says:

Hi Chris,
    It looks beautiful there! Good luck with all your remodelling. Maybe you’ll get it done by Christmas – then you can have a well-deserved rest! Can’t wait to hear the new music!
    Clare x

6. Tawnya says:

Beautiful photo! Great hearing from you… good luck with the remodeling. Looking forward to hearing the music again.

7. Hey Chris, I’m glad you’re happy with the move, hope it’s going well and everyone is loving it. Kids do adjust fast, it looks like a lovely place.
    Hope to get up there one day.

All the best, and the best of luck getting settled. I don’t look forward to moving anytime soon. It’s really stressful.

Take care, Pee Wee

8. Tracy (Zap) says:

Hi Chris~
    Glad to hear you’re enjoying your new home. Hope the kids are doing well in their new school. I’m sure they’ve made tons of friends by now. 🙂 thanks for the update. Not rushing you, but I can’t wait to hear any new music you want to share with us. 🙂 Take care!

9. Cathy says:

Thanks for the update, Chris! What a beautiful photo. Would love to play hooky and go take a picnic to the river or lake, do some lazy day things. Summer went by too fast this year. Good luck with all your house things! Thanks for this website also. Great to be able to keep updated when you are able to post things. Thanks!!

10. Rob says:

Welcome to Oregon well its amazing where life can lead a person i posted a comment in the Summertime blog section .chris you will enjoy our area very much id love to take you on some great fishing excursions up in the bend high cascade areas youd love it. My family have lived here all our lives and we would never move. Your music has been an inspiration for me and I will tell you and you can ask my wife lol a certian band in the 80s and 90s were my favorite. Best of luck to you and your family Rob , Springfield Ore

11. Jason says:

Chris, My family is glad that you guys moved to Oregon. For all of you that know the Hayes family, they are fitting in very well with the Oregonians. I am looking forward to many years of friendship with you guys. Hopefully this winter wont kill you. Remember it is time for indoor activities. Later J.

12. Ignacio says:

Beautiful landscape!

Chris, I can’t stop playing “Don’t Make Me Do It”.
    I LOVE THAT SOLO.

Hugs from Argentina! Hope to see you around soon!

13. Matt says:

Well, maybe all this radio silence is good news (sorry) for those of us who would truly love to hear a whole album’s worth of great new music!

14. Lisa Lawton says:

Chris,
    I think your new home in Oregon is fantastic. I cannot wait for your new solo project, I bet it will be awsome. You have a great gift of music and I really enjoyed the years you were with Huey Lewis…I hope to see you in Atlanta, Georgia soon.
    Lisa

15. Andy King says:

Chris

Hope to hear some of those great tones that you produced in songs like Jacob’s, I know what I like, and Back in time.
    Don’t go TOO mellow on us, You have been compared to players like Joe Satriani, even though your style is a bit more jazz/pop focused