Finally Found A Home…….

Oregon is beautiful right now, the sun is shining, the river finds the ocean, the weeds are growing like crazy, and I’m down to my last 15 or so boxes! When I come up for air, I will try to post more music. I am sorry to say that I will not be playing any shows for awhile until things get settled, so I had to cancel the  gigs I had planned in July. Thank you all so much for your support and enthusiasm!

Blessings, Chris

13 Responses to “Finally Found A Home…….”

1. Heather says:

Hi Chris,

Glad to hear your move has gone well. Oregon sounds wonderful.
    I was curious as to what you thought about Michael Jackson’s passing? I remember you guys did We Are the World with him and was curious if you got the chance to meet him and what he was like. Very unfortunate losing him at such a young age.
    Heather
    Syracuse NY

2. Cathy says:

Huey gave a nice tribute to Michael here: http://music-mix.ew.com/2009/06/huey-lewis-michael-jackson-we-are-the-world.html

I would also be interested in hearing your take on Michael Jackson, Chris. When you come up for air! The USA for Africa movement was so amazing, and so indicative of the time. What a formidable group of talent in that room. Wonder if we’d be able to get that kind of cooperation again?

Your move sounds exhausting, but Oregon sounds beautiful and worthy of such an effort. Glad to hear it went well.

3. Tracy K says:

Cathy, thanks for posting that link to the Huey interview about MJ. It’s weird to see all those old MJ videos after so long, esp seeing We Are the World again. You look at all those great artists and see where they are now these many years later. Makes me feel old. LOL! I still find it beyond cool that the all of the ‘News’ was there for that memorable event.

I can’t wait to hear more of your music, Chris, once you finally get unpacked and beyond the ever growing weeds. Glad the move went well!

4. Coni says:

Chris – I live in Eugene and can say that it’s fantastic. If you’d like to sing in your off-time, let me know. We have a great Karaoke bar on the west side of time – good people, fun times.

Coni

5. Marby says:

I’ve always heard lovely things about Oregon. Glad the move is going well. Fifteen boxes doesn’t sound like much after what seems like a pretty epic move.

I’ll have to echo the others in asking what your take on Michael Jackson is.

I read, long ago, that there were issues as to where the USA For Africa proceeds were going. Even so, the gesture was a beautiful one and I can’t think of anyone I know that was around back then that didn’t run out to buy it.

It just dawned on me that I was 12 when that came out. Wow.

6. Marby says:

Just wanted to add… if the question regarding USA for Africa is not one you would prefer to answer, that’s totally understandable. I just vaguely recall reading somewhere that some artists eventually distanced themselves from it due to such issues.

7. AL BARILE says:

HI CHRIS,
    SAW THE BOYS ON SATURDAY, 27 JUN 09. DID WANT TO HEAR WALKING ON A THIN LINE. HOWEVER, HOPEFULLY SOMEONE CAN INDICATE A RETURN TO THE EAST COAST NEXT YEAR. THE SHOW WAS AWESOME-SUCH CHARISMA BY THE GROUP. I AM SORRY THAT I COULD NOT HAVE SEEN THE GROUP YEARS AGO, THOUGH ALWAYS ONE OF MY FAVORITES. HAD TO RAISE 3 CHILDREN, DID REAP THE BENEFITS WITH THEM. IF YOUR IN CONNECTICUT, CALL ME AT 203-499-7079. DINNER ON ME. MISSED YOU PLAYING LIVE.

8. Herbie says:

Hello Chris

Hey good luck with the move, i don’t envy you on that one i must say, I never liked moving, but hope all goes well with the family move, and i would love to hear what you have to say in regards to Heather and Cathy’s posts. I always enjoyed Chris Hayes on the guitar so i cant wait to hear more music. Good luck with the move take care.

Herbie

9. Debbie Parry says:

Hi Chris,
    Nice to hear you’re all moved and nearly all put away. (Now the chore lies in remembering where you put everything! 🙂
    Best of luck to you and the family; I think whenever you decide to play more music, you’ll always an audience.
    Be happy,
    ~Debbie Parry

10. Marisa says:

Hey Chris!!
    Finally Found A Home is such a wonderful song 🙂 I’ve always loved your guitar riff, it sounds so beautiful. Thank you for reminding!
    Hope all is going great at the New Hayes House.
    Take care

11. Tracy (Zap) says:

Hi Chris~
    Glad to hear you’re finally settling in. Hope all goes well in your new home. Congratulations!!

Tracy (Zap)

12. Looking foward to some more music!!!
    You’ve always been an inspiration man and a huge reason for why I’m a musician in the first place!! Thanks.

13. Where are you in Oregon? Just curious (I’m in Salem)…I used to run into you and the band in the mid 80s a lot; both in Portland and in Santa Cruz and the bay area….hope you are well!